Monday, September 24, 2012

Plates with Lisa

I loved working with Lisa, and was so excited to see this plate come out!  I really love how the scarf looks like it's floating in air, I also love how the scarf's undulating edge is echoed by the pour (i.e., upper edge) and by the irregularities and swirly-ness in the grass behind her. 

I also love her gaze...she looks smart and awake and like she knows stuff.  Almost all of my images are of people who do not make eye contact with the lens of the camera.  In fact, I don't really like portraits where the models look into the lens.  In this plate, the directness of her gaze works as a counterpoint to the surreal & dreamy quality of the rest of the image.

Anyhow, words are good...but even if I didn't have any, it doesn't undo the fact that I'm mesmerized by this image. 



No comments:

Post a Comment